Elon Musk unveils Tesla Model 3
A Few Facts on the Tesla Model 3
- It Will Come Standard with Autopilot
- It Will Have at Least a 215-Mile All-Electric Range
The Model 3 will likely have different variants, with higher-end models offering further range thanks to larger batteries
- It Will Go 0-60 MPH in Less Than 6 Seconds
- Pricing Starts From $35,000
- Delivery for the Model X is a ways off…at the end of 2017
The story of Elon Musk and his contribution to technology and invention is absolutely remarkable. Elon is simply one of the greatest inventive minds of our time. Today Elon showed off his new electric powered car – the Model 3. Elon has path to business success has included some amazing milestones which include:
- At age 12, Musk taught himself computer programming and created a video game called Blastar, which he sold for $500.
- Was co-founder of PayPal.
- Born in South Africa, Elon became a US citizen at the age of 31
- Elon dropped out of Stanford graduate school after 2 days
- He then created a Zip2 which he sold for $307 million
- In 1999, Musk co-founded X.com, an online payment company that eventually became PayPal before being acquired by eBay for $1.5 billion in stock (of which $165 million was given to Musk).
- Musk co-founded Tesla Motors, a company that designs and manufacturers electric sports cars.
- Elon Musk also founded SpaceX (a.k.a. Space Exploration Technologies), a company that creates and manufactures space launch vehicles, with a particular focus in rocket technology. His aim is to reduce the cost of space flight in hopes of expanding human life beyond Earth.
- SpaceX is the first commercial company ever to successfully recover a spacecraft from Earth’s orbit, and its Dragon spacecraft is the first commercial vehicle to attach to the International Space Station.
- Elon Musk is a workaholic and he works alomost 100 hours per week as he a very tight schedule looking over Telsa motors and SpaceX.